Thursday, September 24, 2009

Out with the old, in with the new!

Wow... Almost 10 months have gone by since I last posted. My, how things change.

First and foremost... I am now 40... Yup... BIG milestone. Hard to even imagine! The spouse surprised me and whisked me away to Vegas for my birthday... that was pretty cool. (wish we came back with some extra cash, but hey... we didn't hit the ATM machine so that was a win/win situation). I'd post some pictures, but they all seemed to end up as the 'hold your arm out and take your own portrait' type.




I got my 2nd tattoo (with my mother along for the ride this time). Actually she was the 'designated driver' for bunch of drunk fools out celebrating with me! (Thank you girls of Viviene Westmoreland!)


Ma was definitely a good sport about the entire thing. The last tattoo I got was when I was 23ish and I managed to hide it from her for several months... to her credit back then, her only comment was 'Damn it, you little $hit... you DID get one'


She's come a LONG way! Now she's aiding and abetting!


I think we were *this close* to getting her to get one!



A few other new developments in our household... in no particular order....


Allison can read.


At a 1st+ grade level.

She's five and just started kindergarden. I can't spell things aloud anymore because she knows what I'm spelling... That's a BIG deal in this house. Thankfully Danny is oblivious, but Allison is nosy nosy nosy and wants to know EVERYTHING that is going on. I'm trying to use my rudimentary Spanish... but the dang kid knows that too.


Danny has discovered girls.
My sweet, sweet baby boy is coming home from school with notes from the teacher now... 'Danny had to be asked 2x to keep his hands to himself' and
is having issues with self control' -- ugh.


He's in 2nd grade for pete's sake. What the heck?!?!?


Rick is a rock star.

Well.... Rick wants to be a rock star... he just doesn't want all of the drama that comes along with it. It's funny how having a full time job and a family to support causes you to take some responsibility on... As much as he'd love to be out every night 'gigging' - He's finally getting the fact that he's having trouble having it all.

Well... and then there's that little thing called football season as well.


My mom and dad just moved back to New Hampshire.
I guess that's probably the primary reason I haven't blogged in so long.
It's been one hell of a year.... But more about THAT later.


I'm going to try to ease back into this.. I just got the kids to bed. I just opened a Mich Ultra and I just decided that it's time to watch my shows.


It's nice to be back!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I'm so happy I'm not navigating the blogosphere alone; I have you as my sherpa now.
    Surprisingly, your post is not news to me which makes me feel very "in the loop" - thanks Facebook.
    Looking forward to being a regular reader of "Adventures in Chaos".
    Love, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete