Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What a long weekend THAT was...

First of all let me say... GO RED SOX! Woo hoo!

The post-season is where I usually join the Red Sox Nation. I am definitely a fair-weather-fan. I enjoy playoff baseball. I enjoy playoff football. Regular season stuff just doesn't interest me. It's like there's not enough at stake. There's not enough celebration at the end of the games - There's not enough agony at the end of the games. I dunno - I'm a little 'extreme' I guess. Also, with my attention span being what it is, the seasons are just entirely too long to hold my attention. A few weeks I can do.. a few months? Forget it. I also get too emotionally invested. For example, last night - I was exhausted, but still stayed up until 11:00 p.m. so I could see all of the post-game nonsense.
I remember back in 2004 during the series with the Yankees when we were down three games in the series - such a sick feeling - until the whole thing turned around... and there was a collective *gasp* in New England. (and a strange thing called hope that many of us had never felt before) Ahhhh... fond memories.
On a completely unrelated note... most of you that know me know that I LOVE beer. I always have. I just like the taste of it. I drink it like most people drink soda. LOVE it!
Well, here's the kicker... went to the doctor on Friday - nothing wrong, just a med-check - I told her that I was uncomfortable with this 20+ lbs that has camped out on my midsection and has refused to leave since I took steroids for a completely unrelated illness two years ago. Long story short, she prescribed a new med for migraines (?) that is supposed to be an appetite suppressant/mood stabilizer. One of the side effects is that anything carbonated tastes like dookie!
Beer tastes AWFUL.
It's like losing my best friend! I'm in limbo! Saturday night was the worst. Like a junkie without a fix, I was bouncing off the walls... my dear sweet neighbor, in an attempt to help, gave me a bloody mary, and then proceeded to 'freshen it up' about 40 times. About 1:30 a.m. after laying down in a bed that wouldn't stop spinning I decided that perhaps if I made myself sick I would feel better. - Good Lord, it was like being in college all over again. That's another reason I love my beer. I know my limits! I know how much is TOO much and when to say when - vodka is another thing altogether... ugh. god bless my family - they let me sleep until 11:00 and were very, very quiet when I finally hauled myself out of bed in the morning. I'm too old for this crap. On a more positive note, I've lost 3 pounds already so we'll see...
And now for something completely different....
We met with Danny's teacher yesterday. She had nothing but good things to say about him. The normal reading level for his age is Level 3 - He's reading at Level 12 - which is where they should be reading at the end of 1st grade. Yeah, Dan! We started him in Spanish lessons last week. He loved it. (Mostly because they gave him popcorn, but hey, whatever works).
Allison can't stop talking about Buelo and Buelis coming to visit this weekend. She's bragging about beating them at Candyland. Rick can't stop talking about going to Coushatta (sp?) this weekend. Weeeee hoooo! Child free weekend, Baby!!!! God bless Buelo and Buelis!!! It's a win/win situation. The grandparents are excited, the kids are excited and Rick and I are ECSTATIC!

And again, here's my ADD showing, but... Here's our Halloweens through the ages.... enjoy! :-)


















No comments:

Post a Comment